Who am I to pass up doing something awesome?
These are in no particular order, just my stream of thought.
1) I believe we all have the potential to be great.
2) I believe most of us don’t have the right support networks to help us be great. We all have family, friends, and others who think they have our best interests at heart. Only we have our best interests at heart. Our support network should be reflective of this.
3) I believe we all can live a good and positive life. It’s within each of our grace to do this.
4) I believe that work is somewhere to find your talents. Some of us will be luck enough to love what we do. Most of us will work because we have to.
5) I believe that there are some underhand, manipulative, disgusting people in this world who bring shame to being a human being.
6) I believe there are generous, wonderful, heart-warming people in this world who give me the encouragement to be the best I can be.
7) I believe criminals deserve the right to rehabilitation and reintegration into society unless their crime is too grave.
8) I believe that I will never fully appreciate my family because I’m too selfish. I love them dearly, and will always do best by them. I will also fail, and will always try to do better.
9) I believe the learning and development profession needs me to be its saviour.
10) I believe a democratic society serves us all well. I am blessed to have been born in, grown up in, and live in a country that makes this possible.
11) I believe a free education system is the foundation stone of a better society.
12) I believe the National Health Service is the best way to help care for people in need.
13) I believe living a healthy life means doing things in moderation. Excess only results in excess, and not enough only results in regret. Finding that balance is life’s constant battle.
14) I believe in Sikhi, and I believe in God. These help me be the best I can when things around me seem to be lost.
15) I believe in the virtue of truth and in science. We can know a great deal, and we can reveal a great deal. This is a burden as much as it is a gift.
16) I believe there is beauty all around us, and most people dismiss it for finding something more beautiful.
17) I believe in the power of the human heart in creating achievements. People are capable of awesome feats.
18) I believe I can influence the people around me to be the best they can. If I fail in this regard, I have failed myself.
19) I believe we all have the choice to do things. Our actions are based on these choices.
20) I believe in the power of the written word. Human expression when written is one of the hardest and most rewarding things we can do.
21) I believe organisations are so wrapped up in their world of surviving they forget that people are people and focus too much on money and profits.
22) I believe in me.
23) I believe that our differences make us stronger.
24) I believe everyone deserves forgiveness.
25) I believe we need to treat everyone as individuals. We are far too different to be treated as a homogeneous group.
26) I believe in collaboration. Together we are always better, because unless we’re the Dalai Lama individually we suck.
27) I believe everyone has great ideas that can make a positive difference. We just don’t give them the space and time to be surfaced and realised.