As you’re reading this I should be well underway with #sukhwalkstowork.
I’ve been tweeting about it for the last 4 weeks so most of you should be aware it’s happening.
I’ve decided to walk 20 miles to work to raise money for awareness of the plight of #foodpoverty. Up to 500,000 families and individuals are struggling to feed themselves nutritious and proper meals everyday.
Think about that for a moment. Not being able to choose what you want to eat. Not being able to decide between supermarkets own brand or between your favoured brand name. That’s the difference between Heinz beans or Bland beans. That’s the choice between a loaf of Kingsmill wholemeal bread or Bland Brown bread.
You wouldn’t choose to live like that. I certainly hope I or any of my loved ones are ever in that position.
Food banks are one way these people are able to carry on. They collect bundles of food to get them through for them and their families. You can do a variety of things to help.
1) You can donate to me by clicking the big donate button on the right.
2) If that’s hard work, text “SUKH78” with your donation amount to 70070. For example, “SUKH78 20”.
3) Visit the Trussell Trust website and find your nearest foodbank. Spending no more than £3, buy as much tinned or packaged food as you can and take it to them. They’ll distribute accordingly.
4) If you have the time available, volunteer at a foodbank.
5) If you suspect a loved one may not be living well, call them and say hello.
I’m not amazing for doing this. I’m just commuting to work. It’s gonna take me six hours (I think) to get there is all. You’re the one who can be amazing by making a donation. That’s what will make a positive difference to someone’s life. All I’m doing is likely to give myself muscle strain and blisters. I’ll get over that.
I hate to see people suffer. Be amazing for them when they don’t know how to.