Some Monday fun for y’all. An old colleague and I created this exercise on how ineffective communication can be. They are 20 well known proverbs that we had fun re-wording into complicated language. Have fun, if you like, feel free to use, and try not to look at the answers before you’ve given it a chance!
1. An ignoramus and his/her lucre are readily disjoined.
2. In the absence of the feline race, certain small rodents will give themselves up to various pleasurable pastimes.
3. A plethora of culinary specialists vitiate the liquid in which a variety of nutritional substances have been simmered.
4. Illegal transgression has no remuneration for its perpetrators.
5. A winged and feathered animal in the digital limb is as valuable as a duet in the shrubbery.
6. The warm-blooded class aves who are governed by promptitude can apprehend the small, elongated, and slender creeping invertibrate.
7. A condition characterised by tardiness is more desirable than one that is systematically marked by eternal absenteeism.
8. Drawing twisted cotton through woven material punctually salvages one short of ten.
9. A rounded sample of sedimentary material falling on a path in a circular motion as if on an axis fails to amass small, flowerless plants that grow densely on moist ground.
10. Being without something desirable causes an increase in enrapturement at the centre of the cardiovascular system.
11. When not visually discernible it escapes the part of the person that reasons.
12. Ascertain with the use of one’s eyes prior to the act of launching oneself into the air.
13. The origin of a medium for payment brings satanic repercussions.
14. That which one knows propagates the state of being despised.
15. The physical environment has no bearing on one’s own domicile.
16. People who occupy a shelter of amorphous transparent material are not advised to project small items of mineral matter.
17. It isn’t possible to formulate an opinion on a set of printed pages which are fastened along one side, by the object it is protectively encased in.
18. It’s not good practice to install the entirety of your female gametes into one portable wicker receptacle.
19. Not everything that has a showy and superficial attractiveness is a soft, corrosion-resistant element.
20. The force exerted by circumstance is the female who gives birth to the new device developed from study and experimentation.
1. A fool and his/her money are soon parted.
2. When the cat’s away, the mice will play.
3. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
4. Crime does not pay.
5. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
6. The early bird catches the worm.
7. Better late than never.
8. A stitch in time saves nine.
9. A rolling stone gathers no moss.
10. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
11. Out of sight, out of mind.
12. Look before you leap.
13. Money is the root of all evil.
14. Familiarity breeds contempt.
15. There’s no place like home.
16. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
17. You can’t judge a book by its cover.
18. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
19. All that glitters is not gold.
20. Necessity is the mother of invention.